An Amazing Gadget!
This video camera is considered a high end camera for non-professionals.
- Format : HD: MPEG4 AVC/H.264; SD: MPEG2
- Video Signal : HD: 1920 x 1080/60i; SD: NTSC color, EIA standards
- Imaging Device : 1/2.88" "Exmor R" CMOS sensor
- Processor : BIONZ™ image processor
- Pixel Gross : 6631K
- Video Actual : 4150K Pixels (16:9), 3110K Pixels (4:3)
- Video Resolution : 1920 x 1080
- Still Actual : 4500K Pixels (16:9), 6000K Pixels (4:3)
- Still Picture Resolution : 12 megapixel
- Recording Media : 240GB Non-Removeable Hard Disk Drive Memory Stick PRO Duo™ Media (Sold Separately)
- Recording and Playback Times : 240GB HDD: High Definition: FH = up to 1750 min., HQ = up to 3560 min. SP = up to 4330 min., LP = up to 5770 min. Standard Definition: HQ = up to 3560 min., SP = up to 5270 min., LP = up to 10100 min.
- Recording Format : Dolby® Digital 5.1
- Microphone : Built-in Zoom Microphone
- Multiple Language Display : Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- Audio/Video Remote Terminal : Video / S Video / Audio / Component Out / Remote
- Analog Audio/Video Output(s) : Included (via A/V Remote Terminal)
- Digital Audio/Video Output(s) : HDMI
- USB Port(s) : Hi-speed (2.0 compliant)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output(s) : Supplied (via A/V Remote jack)
- HDMI™ Connection Output(s) : Yes (mini)
- Headphone Jack : Yes
- Microphone Input : Yes
- S-Video Output(s) : Sold separately (via A/V Remote jack)
- Active Interface Shoe : Yes
Now let's see what others' say about this!
"This is my first High Definition Camcorder and I wanted the best. I definitely got it with the xr520v. The videos and pictures are beautiful, the active steadyshot is amazing, as well as the low light quality. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a top quality consumer camcorder."
"I'm an ardant life-long fan of SONY in general and especially for its VAIO and Handycam series, the exquisite technological marvels of 21st Century. My first possession of a SONY Handycam happened on 03/01/2007 when I was in Germany. I feel I'm really lucky to have my first handycam itself as a HD AVCHD Handycam (HDR-SR1E) with Dual Memory (HDD, Memory Stick) Support, especially a 30GB HDD Medium which was very cool! From that day on, I'm very fascinated by my SONY Handycam, its Quality, Features, Compactness, and not to forget, its Looks! I also see that SONY constantly adds New Handycam Models with more and more advanced technology, keeping them as undoubted Market Leaders ["like.no.other"! :-)] by staying at the cutting-edge of Technology. Thus, of late, I feel that the Handycam that I own is a bit outdated, though it is only 2 years old, thanks to the tremendous speed at which SONY has advanced its Technology. So, I have been already looking for a New Model so that I can once again have the pleasure of holding the Latest & Best of SONY Handycams. I even almost locked on to SONY HDR-SR12E. But, somehow my gut feeling was saying me that SONY will surely come up with a New Model very soon, that would be a Block Buster Flagship! I have been even almost on a daily basis looking their web pages recently. And, Today, my joy knew no bounds when I saw SONY HDR-XR520V... Man, This is it, This really is it!!! The one that I have been waiting for!!! Just have a look at the Specifications... and tell me if you are still sitting on your seat! It has the BEST of EVERYTHING that anyone can imagine and still a lot MORE!!! I'm just eagerly waiting for the time it is available... and I'm Counting!!!"